Art comes in many forms today, both electronic and in print format. Perhaps one of the most recognizable methods is television or the silver screen.
Each Saturday, I tune in to Saturday Night Live (SNL). Although it has lost its comedic value over the years, I feel like it's my duty to appreciate the pop culture significance that it provides.
One of the major themes that SNL dives into is politics. For the past season or so, they have done all in their power to exploit Romney's ignorance with the public. They portray him as wishy-washy and out-of-touch. Meanwhile, Obama shines with a smile.
As I think about artists like Banksy who use the power of art to get their point across, I can't help but include SNL in this category. As long as I have been watching, I have witnessed the writers' partial behavior towards Democrats (much like a lot of Hollywood).
Whether you're into politics or not, anyone can see where SNL's loyalty lies. Thanks to the power of art as protest.
No comments:
Post a Comment